The Woodpecker Clause Library is a simple, smart, and secure way to share and manage your firm's standard clauses. Using a clause library to generate frequently-used language prevents users from wasting valuable time locating and/or manipulating clauses used in previous documents.
Ensure your team is using only firm-approved, standardized language by building out your clause library today!
- Only the user who originally authors a clause may edit or delete it.
- All users on your team have access to utilize any clause in the clause library, within any template.
Create a clause
Creating clauses is fast and easy.
- To create a new clause, navigate to the Clause Library homepage by clicking on the Menu icon located on the top-left of the application homepage.
- From here, choose the "Clause Library" option from the dropdown.
- Click "Add a clause"
- Provide a name for your clause
- Enter your clause content. Please note that there are currently two types of clauses: Multiline text and Rich text. Rich text clauses allow you to create custom styling for your clauses, independent of the overall formatting in the document itself. You can toggle between the options by clicking on the caret icon on the right, above the clause content input box.
- Click "Save"
Insert a clause
Inserting clauses is even faster and easier.
- On the main application homepage, you will see a small icon on the right side of Single Line Text and Rich Text fields.
- Clicking this icon renders a dropdown menu that lists all the clauses in your Clause Library.
- Simply select the clause that you want to insert.
- Insert the field into your template at the position you want, if not already inserted.
- Click "Populate" on the bottom of the main application homepage and your clause text will be inserted into the template.
Edit or delete a clause
Only the original clause creator may edit or delete a clause. This prevents unauthorized changes to standard clauses that may be in use across your team. If you need to make a change to a clause and are unable to, contact the user who originally created that clause to have them make the change.
Editing a clause will cause any templates that utilize that clause to insert the most up to date version of the clause the next time the template is populated. This includes templates being populated with the multi-populate feature.
- To edit or delete a clause, navigate to the Clause Library homepage.
- From here, find the clause you wish to edit or delete.
- Hover your cursor over this clause. You will see a pencil icon and a trash bin icon appear on the right of the field.
- Click on the pencil icon to edit or the trash bin icon to delete. If you do not see the icons appear when hovering, you are not the clause creator. and therefore cannot edit or delete it. Contact the creator of a clause if you wish to make a change to the clause.