ADD-IN ERROR This add-in is not responding. Close this warning dialog to keep it running or click "Restart" to try again.
This error message can show for a variety of reasons and is unfortunately completely managed by Word and almost always indicates an issue with Word and not Woodpecker itself.
- Firstly try to close and open Microsoft Word and relaunch Woodpecker. This should solve the majority of cases where this issue appears.
- If restarting Word doesn't work, usually this error message means that there is a potential compatibility issue with the version of Word that you're using and Woodpecker. Make sure that you've updated Word to the latest version available (more info on updating Word for your operating system here).
- Following updating Word (or if Word is already updated to the newest version), restart your computer completely and launch Word and Woodpecker again. This should resolve the majority of issues that you experience in Word.
- If updating Word doesn't work, try to reinstall Woodpecker by first uninstalling and then reinstalling the app.
- If none of the above solve this issue try the following (PC only):
- In Internet Explorer, click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
- Click the Security tab, and then select the Internet Sites Zone.
- Select the Enable Protected Mode check box, and then click OK.
- Restart Internet Explorer and Word.
ADD-IN ERROR The service required to use this feature is turned off. Check your privacy settings.
This error is shown when Microsoft's "Connected Experiences" feature is disabled. The Connected Experiences feature allows Microsoft's products to connect to cloud-based services, including their App Store as well as Woodpecker. Enabling this service can be achieved via following the steps below.
- Open any document in Microsoft Word
- Click "File"
- Then click "Account"
- Navigate to the Account Privacy section and click "Manage Settings"
- Check the box "Enable optional connected experiences" and click "OK"