Woodpecker Auto-template is incredibly powerful and intelligent but sometimes it may not identify every field you expect.
There are a few ways that you can help ensure that Auto-template identifies all of the potential fields in your document:
- If you want Auto-template to analyze an existing template, make sure that the placeholders are surrounded by brackets like this:
[Client Name]or instead of this:
- Among many other things, Auto-template will identify all words & phrases that are bracketed, so surrounding text with brackets will help ensure that all of your fields are identified.
- Another option is to surround placeholders with left and right angle brackets like this:
- Auto-template can also identify highlighted words and phrases so if you haven't surrounded placeholders with brackets, highlights will work just as well!
- Avoid documents where the placeholders are simple blank lines and if possible use a document that has been previously prepared for a recipient and has information already filled in like a person's name, their address, or the date for example.
- Let us know if you come across any situations where you expected Auto-template to identify fields and it missed them. Auto-template is constantly learning but sometimes it needs a bit of help 😊.